Thursday, October 17, 2019

Kanji Cruncher: JLPT N5 Kanji - Lesson 12/60

Wow, we're already a fifth of the way through our N5 Kanji studies! I think we're doing great. In fact, after this lesson, we should reward ourselves by going outside for a bit...


Today's Kanji

Let's go! 行きましょう!


Kanji

Meaning:
Outside, other, disconnect

Parts:
夕 evening, sunset


Word Picture

You can see a lovely sunset in the evening, but only if you go outside!


Examples
On Reading Word:
海外 (かいがい)
Abroad

Example Sentence:
海外に行きたい。
(かいがい に いきたい。)
I want to go abroad.


Kun Reading Word 1:
外 (そと)
Outside

Example Sentence
に行きましょうか?
(そと に いきましょう か?)
Would you like to go outside?


Kun Reading Word 2:
外す (はずす)
to take off, remove

Example Sentence
めがねを外しました
(めがね を はずしました。)
I took off my glasses.


Another kanji down! We'll get there in no time.

またね!
-Kitty

2 comments:

  1. Great lesson Kitty! Because of Duolingo I'm only familiar with one of the kun readings (そと); it was very beneficial learning the other onyomi and kunyomi readings.

    恐れ入るいます。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ありがとう! The same was true for me; I only knew そと from Duolingo until I did some deeper research.

      頑張って!

      Delete

Please keep your comments clean!